Keynotes of the workshop:
1. Professor Ngo Van Long, McGill University, Canada, “Capital-Labour Substitution, Structural Change, and Growth.”
2. Professor Le Van Cuong, CNRS, France, “On the existence, efficiency and bubbles of a Ramsey equilibrium with endogenous labor supply and borrowing constraints.”
3. Professor Aditya Goenka, NUS, Singapore, “Infectious Diseases and Endogenous Growth.”
The Program Committee approved the following papers submitted to VEAM 2011 (The papers can be downloaded from the DEPOCEN Working Paper website www.depocenwp.org):
4. Nilanjan Banik, Centre for Advanced Financial Studies (CAFS), India, “China’s new found love: The GMS.”
5. Quoc Hung Nguyen, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan, “Housing Investment: What Makes It so Volatile? Theory and Evidence from OECD Countries.”
6. Thai-Ha Le, Youngho Chang, Nanyang Technological University, “Oil and Gold: Correlation or Causation?.”
7. Bui Minh Tam, Thammasat University (Thailand), “Who Gains and Who Loses from the Exchange Rate System in Vietnam?.”
8. Nguyen Thanh Nhan and Minh Ha-Duong, CIRED-CNRS, “The Relevance of CCS as a Climate Policy Instrument in Vietnam”.
9. Aditya Goenka, Cuong Le Van, Manh-Hung Nguyen, 2011. “Existence of competitive equilibrium in an optimal growth model with heterogeneous agents and endogenous leisure”.
10. Vu Hoang Linh, Le Viet Thuy, Giang Thanh Long, Indochina Research & Consulting (IRC), Hanoi. “Equity and Access to Tertiary Education: The Case of Vietnam.”
11. Dao Nguyen Thang, CORE, Université catholique de Louvain and VEPR, “Toward a Unified Growth Theory”.
12. Hoang Xuan Trung, Mehmet Ali Ulubaşoğlu and Cong S. Pham, Deakin University, “Nonfarm Activity and Poverty Reduction in Rural Vietnam: 2002-2008.”
13. Thanh Le and Juyoung Cheong, “International R&D Spillovers: the Role of Free Trade Agreements and Institutions.”
14. Nham Tuan Phong, Vietnam University of Commerce, “Building an integrated framework of strategic management theories to explain performance of firm in one industry.”
15. Arnaud Reynaud, Toulouse School of Economics (LERNA)- University of Toulouse, “Assessing the impact of formal and informal regulations on environmental and economic performance of Brazilian manufacturing firms”.
16. Tetsushi Sonobe, Aya Suzuki, Keijiro Otsuka, and Vu Hoang Nam, Foreign Trade University, “KAIZEN for Managerial Skills Improvement in Small and Medium Enterprises: An Impact Evaluation Study in a knitwear cluster in Vietnam.”
17. Nguyen Duy Loi, (VASS), “Energy consumption and economic development: Granger causality analysis for Vietnam”.
18. Dao The Anh, Centre for Agrarian Systems Research and Development (CASRAD), “Value chain development in Vietnam.”
19. Le Nguyen Doan Khoi, Can Tho University, “Market access for small-scale farmers in the Global Value chains- The case of Pangasius farmers in the MeKong River Delta, Vietnam.”
20. Le Duc Niem, Faculty of Economics-Tay Nguyen University, “Linder Hypothesis and Vertical Intra-industry Trade: An Empirical Case of Cosmetic Industry in China”.
21. Toan Phan, Northwestern University, “Asymmetric Information and the Sustainability of Sovereign Debt.”
22. Nguyen Minh Ha, Ho Chi Minh City Open University, “The Effect of Growth on Firm Survival in Vietnam.”
23. Nguyen Thi Canh, University of Economics and Law (UEL), “Economic development under reform and world integration and the main factors influencing the economic growth in Vietnam.”
24. Le Hong Nhat, University of Economics and Law (UEL), “An Evolutionary Approach in Financial Forecasts.”
25. Ha Thi Thieu Dao, Banking Technology Review/Banking University Hochiminh City, “Fundamenal Determinants of Vietnam’s Equilibrium
Real Effective Exchange Rate and Its Misalignment.”
26. Nguyen Dinh Tho and Nguyen Thi Mai Trang, University of Economics, HCM City, Vietnam, “Knowledge transfer from business schools to business organizations through in-service training students”.
27. Vo Thi Quy, University of Economics of HCMC, “Privatization and corporate performance in Transition Economies – The case of Vietnam”.
28. Pham Thi Tuyet Trinh, Banking University Ho Chi Minh City, “The Impact of Exchange Rate Fluctuation on Trade Balance in Short and Long Run”.
29. Pham Hoang Van, Baylor University, “Trade Conflict or Cooperation”.
30. Ngô Quang Thành and Phan Thị Liên, SCAP, Ho Chi Minh City, “Do FDI enterprises work more efficiently than domestic ones in Vietnam? Evidence from panel data analysis”.
31. Truong Quang Thong, “The SCP Paradigm – The Case Of Vietnam State-Owned Banks.”
32. Pham Khanh Nam, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh city, “Are Social Preferences Stable over Time”.
33. Van Q. Tran, University of Gottingen, Germany, “Poverty Dynamics: Evidence from Rural Vietnam”.
34. Ngo Quang Thanh and Nguyen Tan Vinh, Administrative Institute of Zone II Ho Chi Minh National Political – Administrative Academy, “Impact of the Quality of Commune Leading Cadres on Household Living Standard in Vietnam”.
35. Hong Hiep Hoang, University of Auvergne, France, “Foreign Direct Investment In Southeast Asia: Determinants And Spatial Distribution.”