Banking University Ho Chi Minh City is a public school under the direct management of the State Bank of Vietnam. During its establishment and development, with the effort of all lecturers, staff and students, BUH has reached lots of monumental achievements and contributed to the training for personnel in Economics-Finance-Banking, to scientific research, technology transferring, which are necessary for the eco-social development of our nation. BUH, therefore, has been awarded quite a few prestigious prizes from the Government and the Banking industry.
Overall objectives to the year 2020:
- Become one of the leading universities in training banking-finance, business management, doing scientific research and consulting the mentioned fields in Vietnam and Asia;
- Have well-trained teaching faculty and managing staff who are able to carry out research;
- Provide modern facilities used for the school activities;
- Make sure the cooperative training programmes keep pace with advanced educational development worldwide;
- Have competitive advantages and be able to bring about worldwide integration.
The university is allowed to organize seven majors:
- Business Management
- Management Information System
- Business English
- International Economics
- Economic Law
Levels of education:
Types of education:
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree (Full time, In-service, top-up, 2nd Degree)
- Master Degree
- Doctoral Degree
Besides, BUH usually organizes various training courses in securities market, corporate finance, business management and accounting-auditing for staff from banks, credit institutions.
Cooperative training programmes:
BUH is among the pioneers in developing international cooperative training programmes with renowned universities around the world, at both undergraduate level and graduate level.
- Master of Business Administration – a cooperative training programme with University of Bolton (UOB), UK with 20 cohorts
- Executive MBA in Finance and Banking – a cooperative training programme with University of Applied Science Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW) with 17 cohorts
- BA in Accounting- a cooperative training programme with University of Bolton (UOB), UK with 13 cohorts
- BA in Business Management – a cooperative training programme with University of Bolton (UOB), UK, with 13 cohorts
- BA in International Management – a cooperative training programme with University of Applied Science Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW), with 3 cohorts.
The school strives to maintain the stable training capacity as present. In 2010, the amount of students was around 9.000 to 10.000 and stabilizes at 15.000 students during the period of 2015-2020. The appropriate capacity to meet the demand of full-time, in-service, top-up, 2nd degree study is about 1.500 students per year. Up to 2015, the school has trained 200 masters, 15 doctors and strives to reach the amount of 300 masters and 20 doctors in 2020 based on regional and international standard.
There are approximate 500 staffs and academic members, from which 267 are lecturers; the number of lecturers who have postgraduate qualifications is 243 taking account of 91%, including:
- Associate Professors and Doctors: 19%
- Masters: 72%
- Bachelors: 9%
Most of lecturers have postgraduate qualifications (Associate Professors, lecturers with Doctoral Degree and Master Degree) and some of them have attended international courses or refresher courses in banking-finance abroad.
The school also invites some visiting lecturers, both locally and internationally, from other universities, institutes, financial institutions, businesses.
- Headquarters: 36 Ton That Dam Street, District 1
- Main campus: 56 Hoang Dieu 2 Street, Thu Duc District
- Campus: 39 Ham Nghi Street, District 1
Located in 56 Hoang Dieu 2 Street, Thu Duc District, BUH’s dormitory can serve 2.700 students with 339 rooms. Each room is equipped with necessary living facilities.
Equipment used for learning and research purposes:
- 8 laboratories with 500 ADSL connected computers
- Wireless network is spread over the campus at 56 Hoang Dieu 2- Thu Duc District
- 3 laboratories used for foreign languages learning
Campus in District 1:
- 09 international standard-based classrooms
- 19 classrooms
- 01 modern 120-seat hall
Campus in Thu Duc District:
- 84 classrooms fully-equipped with light and sound system
- 01 modern 900-seat hall
BUH is among the leading schools specializing in banking-finance with thousands of students. The university is responsible for training and providing highly qualified human resources for banking system as well as eco-social organizations, serving the current industrialization and modernization progress of our country.
To boost up its position in training and to meet the social demand, BUH has continuously widened its cooperative partnership in training, student and staff exchange, research exchange so as to adopt the advance technology of developed countries. This will create opportunities for students to get access to advanced education at low cost and for academic staff to exchange knowledge and experience as well as enhance their teaching ability.